This is how you can configure mobile device emulators in visual studio 2005.
1. install Microsoft "virtual pc" and "active sync"
2. open active sync and change dropdown to "DMA" and press ok
3. open device manager from .net IDE>> tools>> device emulator manager
4. right click the one you need to connect
5. select "connect". this will open the device interface
6. now right click the same item from the device manager
7. select "craddle". this will connnet your PC to the device.
now use the browser of the device to connect to your PC IIS. you need to use the MACHINE NAME as the sever name. (IP or LOCALHOST wont work) This can be used to develop and test windows and web applications for mobile devices.